How we are keeping you safe.
+64 6 878 0035
1420 Railway Road South, RD11, Hastings, Hawke's Bay
The health and safety of our guests and employees has always been, and will continue to remain, our top priority.
At the very beginning of the New Zealand COVID-19 pandemic we quickly implemented a COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, which we continue to monitor and update through each level and situation to ensure it meets the current guidelines as we move forward with our global fight against the spread of coronavirus.
We are constantly reviewing every aspect of our operations against the latest updates provided by the New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health for COVID-19. We are taking all necessary steps to follow the most up-to-date guidelines and directives from the health authorities and industry regulators.
As we live through constant changes in levels, we wanted to provide you with some information on the measures we have put in place to keep you,our guest, and our employees safe.
STANDARD PRACTICE AT ALL TIMES:
- Hawthorne House is not part of the self isolation hotel program.
- New operating procedures and policies have been put in place in consideration for health & safety, cleaning, social distancing and contact tracing requirements.
- Our Hawthorne House team is committed to following the recommended cleaning and hygiene standards in all areas of the property.
- Our dedicated team are aware of and fully supportive of the need to take extra precautions while interacting with guests and handling guests items.
- Additional cleaning and sanitising procedures have been adopted throughout the house and all public areas. Our housekeeping team use industrial disinfectant sprays and sanitisers.
- Hand sanitisers are provided at the reception and in every bedroom for guest use.
- The Hawthorne House QR code is displayed at both entrances for guests using the NZCOVID Tracer app as are manual sign in slips for guests not using the NZCOVID Tracer app. All guests are asked to sign in on arrival at the property.
All contractors and guests are advised to follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19, which is to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of the virus. There is health information from the Ministry of Health, in relation to COVID-19, in all guest rooms detailing what guests should do if they do feel unwell or display any symptoms of the virus during their stay, which includes automatic self-isolation in their guest room.
At Alert Level 1, Hawthorne House is able to operate with no restrictions in place, but we continue to maintain enhanced hygiene practices. If staff are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, they are advised to stay home. The Hawthorne House QR code is displayed at both entrances for guests using the NZCOVID Tracer app as are manual sign in slips for guests not using the NZCOVID Tracer app. All guests are asked to sign in on arrival at the property.
At Alert Level 2, Hawthorne House is able to operate under the following guidelines:
- Hawthorne House is allowed to accommodate overnight guests during this time. Limits to service during this time include the need for guests to handle their own luggage and daily servicing of rooms is suspended.
- When coming to breakfast, we will adhere to the Government’s required three ‘S’s’ – customers need to be seated, separated by one metre and each group will have a single server.
- Different groups must be kept and stay one metre apart, throughout all common areas.
- Guests are asked to use the same seats in the common areas.
All guests entering our premises during Level Two will be asked to follow the below policies:
- Sign a Guest Register or check in using the QR Code for contact tracing purposes. This is a New Zealand Government requirement.
- Maintain physical distancing requirements while inside the House.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly. Good facilities for people to wash hands and hand sanitisers are provided for regular use.
At Alert Level 3, Hawthorne House is not able to operate.
At Alert Level 4, Hawthorne House is required to close.
If you have any questions or concerns about your forthcoming visit to Hawthorne House, please do not hesitate to contact us on 06 878 0035 or email@example.com